It is such wonderful news that you are considering adoption in Oldham. We are so pleased that you have decided to start this process here.
We are the regional provider of adoption for Oldham and the surrounding local authorities within Lancashire, and we are dedicated to helping families come together through adoption. Our friendly team of experienced social workers will work with you throughout the process of adoption to ensure that everything runs smoothly, and in a manner that you are comfortable with.
Adoption is rewarding but also has its challenges for the children involved and adoptive families who want to parent them, which is something we understand deeply. Therefore, Adoption Support is a very important aspect of what we offer and includes a wide range of services to support adoptive families, children and birth family members.
Together, we can ensure that there is going to be a better future for the children of Oldham.
How To Adopt In Oldham?
Adopting a child in Oldham may be easier than you think thanks to our expert services and committed work within the North West.
This is a process that will take around six months and there are a lot of in-depth checks and background searches that need to be made. However, our team are dedicated to ensuring that all families experience a professional, but sensitive and understanding approach at all stages of the adoption process.
If you are wanting to adopt a child in Oldham, we will help you through every step of the process, including:
- Submit an Expression of Interest: you can do this via our website or by talking directly to one of our friendly, experienced social workers. We will ask some questions to be able to provide you with the best possible advice and guidance and support you through your early days of deciding whether adoption is right for you.
- Submit a Registration of Interest: this is your formal application to the Agency. This will be processed by our professional team. Once you have submitted this, we can start the process of adoption and get the ball rolling. It is important to note that you will be asked a variety of questions during this process in order that together we can complete your Prospective Adopters Report (PAR) and present this to adoption panel.
- Workshops and Meetings: During the process, we require families to attend various workshops and you will also meet regularly with your allocated social worker so that we can provide you with all the information, preparation and support you need. You will also have the chance to meet other families going through the same process.
- Further Information: It is vital that you remain honest and open with us during your entire application, as we will be with you. The more information we have, the easier it will be for us to process your application and complete the necessary background checks required.
- Approval: Once your application has been approved your social worker will support you through the matching process. Together, you will look at the strengths of your family and the needs of the children within our care.
It is important to note that the process of adoption can take at least six months to be completed, with additional timelines being added for the matching process.
What Can I Do?
Be open and honest, talk to us about any worries or concerns. Trust that we are here to guide, advise and support you to ensure the best possible outcomes for children and your family. Our role is to prepare and support you to parent an adopted child or children into adulthood, as well as making sure that your family is comfortable with the transitions that are being made.
Adoption can be a stressful and nerve-wracking time for anyone involved, which is why a social worker will be assigned to you and your individual case. Our team are always on hand to offer support when you need it.
All we ask in return is patience and commitment, as adoption is not an easy process, but we try to make it as smooth as possible for you and the children involved.
Should I Adopt In Oldham?
Adoption is one of the most wonderful things you can take part in, and we are so happy to be working in the Oldham community.
If you are wishing to extend your family, start a family or perhaps make a difference to a disadvantaged child, then adoption is a very rewarding process. Our children need adoptive parents who can provide safe, secure and loving homes to enable them to flourish and reach their potential. If you feel this could be you, please contact our friendly, expert team and we will guide and support you through your adoption journey every step of the way.